Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A New Home in New Orleans

I finally made it here.  After over 2,200 miles, land and water (lots of water in Louisiana), I arrived on New Orleans front doorstep, literally.  It didn't happen without a last minute hitch (locked myself out of my car at a gas station just 30 miles north of N.O.), but I rolled up to a house with two welcoming roommates.

I'm living in Uptown, near Tulane University.  Not having ever been to New Orleans before, I searched out a "safer" neighborhood in town, and now find myself in the neighborhood full of mansions.  It is STILL half the price of my place in San Francisco.  Go figure.

My ONE friend (ok, one of two) that I came here knowing, Adam Kronenberg, did a great friend deed in taking me on a bike tour of my new neighborhood.  I live near a great park to run in.  The streets are lined with oaks.  A creamery with amazing ice cream is within 5 minutes of my house... I think I'll stay awhile.

New home on General Pershing Street.
Representing SLO with a morning cup of coffee in my Linnea's mug.
I thought I would miss Chips, our neighborhood cat in SF, but I have a new friend
in a neighborhood Katrina survivor.  I have officially started calling him Chips too.

No comments:

Post a Comment