Saturday, March 24, 2012

St. Patrick's Day: Just another excuse to celebrate.

You have not been to a parade if you haven't been to New Orleans.  I think these kids have perfected the art of marching yourself down the street on a float, scantily clad, drunker than necessary, with the perfect jam blaring out of your speakers.  Everyone is walking around with an open container, including some of the cops I saw.

For St. Patricks day, no one got away with just green socks or a green headband.  People were DECKED OUT.  I was impressed.  From the floats, they didn't throw the traditional beads, but instead cabbages and potatoes.  No, seriously, they did and it was awesome.


I wish I had a picture of the cops also consuming the libations, but instead I have exhibit A of the St. Patty's Day attire I saw.


Party time.  Literally a bar on wheels, just jamming down the street in the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment